Pesto Bruschetta

This is my spin on your average bruschetta. I experienced this combo at a pizza place and knew I had to try and replicate it!

Directions:
Roll pizza dough in to a square shape. Bake at 450 for about 10 minutes. You want the dough to be partially cooked but not done. In the meantime dice tomatoes and add olive oil, basil, red pepper flakes, garlic, salt and pepper; mix well

After the dough has baked ten minutes remove from oven and evenly spread pesto. Top with tomato mixture and place back in oven and bake and additional 5 to 10 minutes.

Using a pizza cutter, slice bread sticks in to desired size. (The first time I made this I rolled out individual bread sticks and it was not fun trying to top each individual one with pesto and tomato mixture!) Top with fresh Parmesan cheese and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. 




No comments:

Post a Comment