White Chicken Pizza
Pizza dough (recipe from previous post)
1 cup Béchamel sauce (recipe below)
1 Chicken breast (poached and shredded)
½ cup fresh Spinach chopped
½ cup Feta Cheese
¼ cup Parmesan Cheese
½ Mozzarella Cheese
½ medium sized onion sliced
1. Can use store bought dough in this recipe but I used my homemade. Roll out to desired thickness and bake for 5 to 10 minutes to pre cook.
2. Once partially cooked add your béchamel sauce in place of your normal tomato sauce. Top with shredded chicken, chopped spinach, crumbled feta, onions and parmesan cheese. Cook for approximately 15 minutes depending on thickness. Reserve the mozzarella until the last 5 mins of cooking.
1 Cup of Milk
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons butter
Pinch of nutmeg
1. In a medium saucepan, heat the butter over medium-low heat until melted. Add the flour and whisk until smooth. Cook until the mixture resempbles a light, golden color.
2. Meanwhile, heat the milk in a separate pan just until boil. Add the hot milk to the butter mixture whisking continuously until very smooth.
3. Cook 10 minutes, stirring constantly, then remove from heat. Season with salt and nutmeg, and set aside until ready to use. I add a little garlic powder and parmesan cheese to give it some extra flavor.